My Declaration of Independence
1. I declare Independence from things that hold me back such as false belief systems. I will question all of my beliefs before I believe it. If it doesn't make any sense and if it doesn't have any evidence showing that this belief to be true then I will not allow it to be a part of my life.
2. I declare Independence from racism and racist people. I declare Independence from bigotry (intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself). If I disagree with someone instead of arguing with them I will agree to disagree and if they want to continue to argue then I will cut them lose so I declare Independence from argumentative people.
3. I declare Independence from negative thinking. No matter how bad my situation I will not complain. I will count my blessings and think positive thoughts seeing as it takes the same amount of energy to think either way but thinking positively will make my situation easier to go through while complaining and thinking negative thoughts will only make my situation seem worse.
4. I declare Independence from alcoholism and drug abuse. If others decide to do drugs that is their choice and I will respect them as a human being. I will not support their decision but I will respect the person because they are no better nor are they worse than me. We are all related. That doesn't mean I will allow drug addicts move in with us so that they can steal from us.
5. I declare Independence from hatred towards other people. I do have a problem with rapists, pedophiles, child molesters and such. As a human being it is wrong for me to hate them as people and this is an issue I have to deal with but I can respect them from a distance. In other words I will not allow them into my life to give them an opportunity to rape or molest my loved ones. I will not judge a person by the color of their skin but like Martin Luther King Jr. I will judge them by the content of their character.
6. I declare Independence of racists and hate mongers. I use to be full of anger, hatred, bitterness, and frustration and have put many people in the hospital because of my anger and hatred so I know the damage that hatred does to the person that is full of hate and the damage that it causes for those around them.
7. I declare Independence from greed and greedy people who use their wealth to try and control other people's lives to further their position while stepping on those who are less fortunate.
8. I declare Independence from physical laws that goes against spiritual laws. In some cities it is against the law to feed the homeless. That is a physical law in those cities. Spiritual law calls for us to feed the homeless, clothe those who have no clothes etc. I will follow the spiritual laws over the physical laws and if I end up in jail for feeding the homeless then I will go to jail with a clean concious knowing that I did what was right.