Good news/bad news! Surgeon wants to insert three metal screws in my spine at the L4/5 spot because it is narrowed beyond other kind of repair. This would mean three days in hospital, three months recuperation and six to seven months of "taking it easy"; then if this doesn't work he will insert a rod along my spine because of the scoliosis.
I thought long and hard and decided NOT to go ahead with it at this time and have left it open because I am not getting any younger and I have plans for going places this summer - this would really put me in a bad place for all the nice weather we will be getting (I am positive we are going to have warm weather!) Hopefully I can manage the pain with the help of my doctor who is very understanding about my decision not to have surgery right now. He has me on patches for the pain and will review on Thursday. They don't seem to help much but will try anything.
Don't worry about me, I am a positive person and having had three spinal surgeries already it doesn't phase me if I have to have another one.