By Jeanine Byers Hoag
Native American Spirituality
If you were born during one of the date ranges listed below, you are part of the butterfly clan.
In Native American spirituality, humans and animals are considered to be part of one big family. Our animal companions are brothers and sisters in spirit and they offer us support and help in developing the strengths we need and learning the lessons we are here to learn.
Native American Astrology
This astrology system is similar to others in that it is based on a twelve-month calendar and birthdates, but is different in that each birthdate range is matched to a power animal, a seasonal recommendation and seasonal animal, an element and an animal clan.
There are four animal clans: the butterfly clan, the frog clan, the turtle clan and the thunderbird clan. The butterfly clan is the focus of this article.
Butterfly Clan Member Birthdates
January 20th-February 18th
May 21st-June 20th
September 23rd-October 23rd
What Butterfly Offers You
Butterfly means that transformation is always available to you, and may begin without your conscious participation. Study the process of metamorphosis. What stage are you in?
(1) Are you in the conception stage, just beginning a process of change?
(2) Get clear about what you want the end result to be! Have you fully decided to do it?
(3) Are you in the planning or development stage? Creating the change?
(4) Or are you about to bring the change to life, give birth to it?
"Whatever part of the cycle you're in---be it the larva phase, the cocoon stage or the emergent phase, where you spread your wings and float into your new life---know that you're safe and that this is part of a natural movement." --Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D, How to Connect with Your Animal Spirit Guide
How to Connect More Deeply
(1) Use elemi, to help create balance between the spiritual and wordly aspects of your life.
(2) Get outside and enjoy watching the butterflies dance. Dance, yourself!
(3) Think of a change you might like to make or something you want to create, and let butterfly help you go through each stage of the process.
Butterfly can help you organize the project you're working on or get clear about how to order your steps each day. It also can awaken a sense of joy, an appreciation of nature, and a trust in the process of transformation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4403171