3 WED photo 3WED_zpsef34ded9.jpg

September
Duliisdi
ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ

Wednesday
Tsoineiga
ᏦᎢᏁᎢᎦ

September 30 - Daily Feast

Careless words and controversial thought can hang on the invisible like dust clouds and clog thinking and comprehension like the webs of cobbies. Personal space should be kept as clean as the plate you eat off of - and you should never open the door to heedless opinion. The atmosphere swarms with spoken words - and most are hostile and hardened by experience. If each of us could see with the naked eye our own personal words, even without the multitudes that belong to others, we would be appalled. The computer shows what is preserved on the Internet, but think what people verbally send into the ethers - and every word frozen in time.

~ Black Hawk is a true Indian. He feels for his wife and children, his friends....they will suffer. He laments their fate. ~

BLACK HAWK - SAC, Circa 1800

'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 30

"Don't be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts."

Don Talayesva, HOPI

Human beings function from choice. We can choose to stuff things, or we can choose to let go of things. If we choose to stuff things, then we will feel a heaviness, or sorrow, self pity or fear. Sometimes we feel the need to cry. Sometimes we are taught it is not okay to cry. The creator designed the human being to cry. Crying is a release. This release allows us to let go of thoughts that are not helping us so we can open to new thoughts that will help. Crying is natural for women and men.

Grandfather, if I need to cry, let me realize it's a natural process and help me to let go.

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

The longest face and the saddest cry Always seem to come with the question why. Why did you take what belonged to me?

It has always been mine, or can't you see That you have no rights, no right to claim,
And you did just that, you're to blame For all my unhappiness, all of my tears.

Well, perhaps not all, part were my fears. And I suppose if I think I can also say That if I've lost anything, it's really the way That I treated the things that used to be mine. I saw clouds on the days where there was really sunshine, I turned often to darkness instead of the light. I saw all of the wrong, but never the right, And in all honesty I suppose I must say If I've lost anything, I gave it away.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Donvdagahv'i (ᏙᏅᏓᎦᎲ'Ꭲ) (Until we meet again)

Tawodi Unega (ᏕᏫᏗ ᏔᏬᏗ ᎤᏁᎦ) (White Hawk)

Nvwadohiyada (ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏓ) (Blessings of health and peace to you)

Be good, be kind, and help each other. Respect the ground, respect the drum, and respect each other.

May The Creator Always Walk With You.

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Aho

RSS

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service