2 Tuesday photo 2Tuesday_zpsf4307f11.jpg

September
Duliisdi
ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ

Tuesday
Talineiga
ᏔᎵᏁᎢᎦ

September 20 - Daily Feast

Touching the earth is resting on the breast of our mother. It is once again finding out beginnings - a knowing that this place where we stand or walk or plow or plant, is something created for us. We know it because the pulse of the earth slows our own and tranquilizes our confusion. Seeing the sky in all its limitless depths stirs our imaginations and stretches our awareness of the simple beauty provided for us. We can see that it is wrong to be bitter and know that it lasts only as long as we let it. When we reach toward the ceiling of our minds, we are as unlimited as the sky. As currents of air stir the fragrance of the flowers, we may not be able to see where it comes from but we sense its influence. Life is ours to enjoy as individuals and it comes from the Great Holy Spirit.

~ We sang songs that carried in the melodies all the sounds of nature.... ~

AMERICAN INDIAN

"A Cherokee Feast of Days" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 20

"You will only get back what you give out."

Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE

The Great Spirit created a system of balance and justice. This law says, if you treat others with respect, you will be treated with respect. If you gossip about no one, no one will gossip about you. If you are fair in all of your dealings, you can expect the same. If you share with others, others, will share with you. If you judge others, others will judge you. You will always get back what you give out. The original teaching talks about being a giving person. A giving person will constantly be on the receiving end.

My Creator, help me to be a giving person today.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

The native American believes that he must have balance if he is to have healing. His equilibrium must balance between his mental and spiritual influence. Such things may seem complicated in themselves but the simplicity is profound when we finally discover what it is.

In most cases, balance comes from what we say to ourselves in the silence of our minds. It is what we direct our minds to do at all times. Simple steps, pick the feet up and set them down, don't drag. Don't hang onto anything and everything. Say balance, say power, say to the feet and legs to do their work.

Eat for strength and keen minds. Stop saying how tired and how nervous we are. Say, I am strong. I have sufficient to meet my every need. Just words? Yes, but words that balance.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 39

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service