5 Friday photo 5Friday_zpsa4f732a3.jpg

September
Duliisdi
ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ

Friday
Tsunagilosti
ᏧᎾᎩᎶᏍᏘ

September 18 - Daily Feast

We are conditioned to stampede. Heard the latest? Then run! Run on the inside even when your body is perfectly still. Run up your blood pressure because what you see and hear is not fair - not in keeping with what you have always believed. Things are not always going to be the way we think they should. They never have been and they are not likely to change this week. But listen, be glad you know the difference. And be glad there are others who agree with you, but don't plan on that making a big difference in the way the world thinks. Plan to go on thinking fairness - it is the seed that will eventually produce.

~ Osages have talked like blackbirds in the spring. ~

GOVERNOR JOE - OSAGE, 1800s

'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 18

"I walk in and out of many worlds."

Joy Harjo, CREEK/CHEROKEE

In my mind are many dwellings. Each of the dwellings we create ourselves - the house of anger, the house of despair, the house of self pity, the house of indifference, the house of negative, the house of positive, the house of hope, the house of joy, the house of peace, the house of enthusiasm, the house of cooperation, the house of giving. Each of these houses we visit each day. We can stay in any house for as long as we want. We can leave these mental houses any time we wish. We create the dwelling, we stay in the dwelling, we leave the dwelling whenever we wish. We can create new rooms, new houses. Whenever we enter these dwellings, this becomes our world until we leave for another. What world will we live in today?

Creator, no one can determine which dwelling I choose to enter. No one has the power to do so, only me. Let me choose wisely today.

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Have you heard how dreadful the neighbors are these days to ignore another's plight, and how the world has gone to the dogs because people don't care? Have you heard how hardened hearts are and how callous and unfeeling the human race has become?

It may be true such things do happen....for we hear about it daily. But it likely is that we hear more about the unusual.

For have you heard about the builder who laid his own plans aside to help another build his house....and the lady who gave her home and nursing care to someone who had no other place to go. Or the child who found its needs fulfilled in the love of a foster mother.

We may ignore, but we can never erase the love of the human race for the human race. The world may abound with sordid happenings; it may revel in senseless activities. But called to help, the greater number will respond without thought of the cost to themselves.

Of these things we hear so little. With these we come in contact every day and accept it as the normal pattern of life....which it is....for each unthinking, infantile mind there are two great thoughtful ones. And the second great Commandment still works its wonders in all our lives.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Donvdagahv'i (ᏙᏅᏓᎦᎲ'Ꭲ) (Until we meet again)

Tawodi Unega (ᏕᏫᏗ ᏔᏬᏗ ᎤᏁᎦ) (White Hawk)

Nvwadohiyada (ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏓ) (Blessings of health and peace to you)

Be good, be kind, and help each other.Respect the ground, respect the drum, and respect each other.

May The Creator Always Walk With You.

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 51

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you

RSS

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service