3 WED photo 3WED_zpsef34ded9.jpg

September
Duliisdi
ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ

Wednesday
Tsoineiga
ᏦᎢᏁᎢᎦ

September 14 - Daily Feast

All of life is not as clear-cut as we would like it. The gray areas need careful examination because they are too often taken at face value. The tendency is to make a judgment without first seeking wisdom. The belief system is jolted when there are too few answers and too many questions. Something may be a fact but not truth. Facts waver and change - but truth is truth at every point. We were told to know the truth and the truth will make us free. It doesn't say know the facts - because facts change. But nothing can destroy truth - and eventually it will assert itself.

~ I have worked with one heart, and one object. ~

KICKING BIRD - KIOWA

'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 14

"Follow the Old One's advise."

Tom Porter, MOHAWK

The Old One is called by many different names - Grandfather, The Four directions, Father Sky, Mother Earth. We should seek the advice of the Old One to help us build our vision. He will put inside of our mind and heart the vision that we are to follow. This vision is recognizable by the feeling that it has with it. This feeling is hard to describe. It feels "right," it feels calm, it feels joyful, it feels warm, it feels sacred. The Old One has a way of letting us know it really it His advice. Listen carefully!

Grandfather, I'm listening.

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

There may be many reasons why man wants to conquer the world, but there is something youthful and soul-stirring to be able to do it for somebody. Living within oneself is barren and shallow, lacking in warmth and without understanding. But when we can be outgoing and giving, the importance of others becomes doubly strong.

It is impossible to even be selfish without the help of others. Who would we take from, blame troubles on, resent, and criticize? But more important, who would care when we're ill, who would be happy when we're blessed, and who would love us when we least deserve it?

The world may be deluged with problems and solutions, laws to live by, formulas, fear, faith, and the everlasting struggle to survive in the face of others, but it is just as necessary to share laughter in happiness, to know God in a sunset, and to feel joy in sunshine, all more beautiful because of others.

Victor Hugo wrote that the greatest happiness in life is in knowing that others love us, for ourselves, or rather, they love us in spite of ourselves.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

4 Thurs photo 4Thurs_zps3bba7299.jpg

September
Duliisdi
ᏚᎵᎢᏍᏗ

Thursday
Ugineiga
ᎤᎩᏁᎢᎦ

September 15 - Daily Feast

Zeal is very human, Every successful diet, every effort to think positively, and every good intention is preceded by zeal. But the results are often mixed, because without wisdom and understanding there is no power to sustain zeal - no real change inside. Human effort without spirituality is like the grasshopper in autumn. Its desire to spring as high as it did in spring is overtaken by lethargy. Ability is a hundred times more effective with a reasonable amount of zeal - but add wisdom and the grasshopper mentality is lost forever.

~ I have buried the past; and I don't want to be mad for the past. ~

CAPTAIN JACK - MODOC

'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 15

"Knowledge is a beautiful thing, but the using of knowledge in a good way is what makes for wisdom. Learning how to use knowledge in a sacred manner, that's wisdom to me. And to me, that's what a true Elder is."

Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA

We grow in wisdom by developing ourselves according to the four directions of the Medicine Wheel - emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. Let's say we started drinking and drugging in our teenage years. Our emotional development will stop, but we will grow older physically. We could then develop into an immature adult. As adults we might be acting like we were teenagers. Once we stop drinking or drugging, our emotional development will begin again. We need to grow and nurture ourselves in all four directions. We need to involve the Great Spirit's guidance in our development. That's the only way we become wise individuals and live our lives in harmony and in a sacred way.

Oh Great Spirit, guide my thinking today. Let me walk in a sacred way on the Red Road. Let me be a learner of lessons and give me Your greatest gift - wisdom!

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

"I owe no man anything but love" it is said. But what is love? Love is duty - whatever duty may require to accomplish a good thing.

Love is peace. One must not only be peaceful but contribute to the peace of others. Let there be peace and let it begin with me.

Love is sometimes pain. We must give up something that causes us pain because it is for the good of the greatest number.

Love is understanding. That others do not have to forever explain their actions to us. That we know their reasons without being told.

Love is courage. Courage to lead where on has the ability to lead. Courage to stand up for what one believes in and wants to live.

Love is faith. Faith in God, faith in self, and faith in others. Everyone is not above reproach, but we must have faith that the majority strives to be.

Coleridge wrote, "He prayeth best who loveth best," which seems to rule out all hollow and self-heard prayers. For those who truly love do not hear themselves only, or rule all life useless because they cannot love or pray.

Life can be as simple as love and prayer. Where the two mingle there can be no jealousy, resentment or fear.

Jealousy makes us compare our lot with another's. And there can be no comparison, for no two people are alike.

Resentment plunges an otherwise logical soul into despair and an endless journey of revenge.

And fear rushes us headlong into situations that detract, accidents that could be prevented, and long delays in reaching our goals.

But if we can, for a few moments, invite into our hearts a thing called love, then we can pray. And if we can pray we have the source of all answers in our soul.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 39

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service