Happy Cherokee New Year On Day 4

October
Duninvdi
ᏚᏂᏅᏗ

Tuesday
Talineiga
ᏔᎵᏁᎢᎦ

October 4 - Daily Feast

We cry because we feel unhappy and unloved. We cry because we care. We cry because we hurt, but more than that, we cry because we are unwise. These are the tears that make more tears. Enough di ga as wo s di! Enough tears! Most of the time we try to have as few tears as possible, but they are as much a part of us as laughter. They can do a cleaning job that nothing else can touch. But like everything else, it can be overdone. Emotional people are usually caring. And it either makes life worthwhile or keeps it in such upheaval that nothing can be positive. There is a time to laugh and a time to cry. We have to remember that enough is enough and try to balance our approach to living.

~ I heard....that I should be like a man without a country. I shed tears. ~

LITTLE WOUND

"A Cherokee Feast of Days" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - October 4

"Search for the truth. Indian values teach the holistic approach to the use of technology for mankind's good."

Al Qoyawayma, HOPI

The Great Spirit had given us certain values to live by. If we learn to think in harmony with these values such as respect, love, patience, tolerance, commitment, trust, etc., we cannot get off track. No matter what we do, we will always be in harmony. For example, if we are respectful, then we will respect the earth, our children, our women, our men and ourselves. Indian values help us walk under the guidance of the Great Spirit.

My Creator, today I search for the truth, Your truth. Please let me see it.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Faith doesn't demand possible things -- it demands the impossible. When we have a promise in hand we have to look fear in the face and say this thing is going to happen.

Say to the mountain that needs to be moved to be gone. Whether it is disease that someone said is incurable, or a bank account the has no shape but bad, speak to it. But never forget to rejoice and to thank the Power for hearing our words.

When we do these things we are walking into the land of the impossible. Such fun to see things and circumstances conforming to our words of faith. Such delight to know we are not lost and we are not tied down by impossibility. We CAN be healed, we can be prospered and we can be free -- when we say it and believe it.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 49

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by