ONE
So-Qua
Ꮠ-Ꮖ

Cold Month
Una la at nee'
ᎤᎾ Ꮃ Ꭰt ᏁᎡ'

January 1 - Daily Feast
Volume II

The prairie is large and good, and so are the heavens above, and I do not want them stained by the blood of war.

SATANTA, KIOWA CHIEFTAIN

Early morning sunlight sets frosted grasses ablaze with gems, topaz, emeralds, diamonds, and the heart is supremely rich, u wa nei I, and very enlightened. Such mornings call us to brightness of spirit and to healing the deep hurts of the soul. Step out and breathe in the peace. Turn up the palms to give thanks and receive strength for the day and wisdom to begin this year. Because nature thrives where humans give up, the negative is turned away. All around us the breathtaking views tell us to do the same.

~ You look at me and see an ugly old man, but within I am filled with great beauty. ~

TLO TSI HEE
OLD MAN BUFFALO GRASS
NAVAJO

"A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 1

"...because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough, it will come into being."

Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

We are created by the Great One to accomplish His will through our mental pictures or visions. Our thoughts are three dimensional: words, pictures and feelings. We create the vision by thinking the words and we create feeling for the vision by feeling enthusiasm, desire, commitment and other strong beliefs. Once we create the vision, we move toward and become like that which we think about. All visions are tested by our self talk; for example, "This isn't going to happen, where is the money coming from anyway?" When this happens, we need to let go of the test and focus on belief in the vision. Why? Because God said if we believe it long enough, He will guarantee it!!!

Great One, let my beliefs be strong today. Help me to have faith in my visions.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Here it is -- the New Year. We have seen many unusual changes and we can expect even more. These are unusual times we live in and predictions from times past are happening before our eyes. True, there have been many that were far out, but more have come to pass -- and more will come.

Give backing to every good thing and watch every word that it does not sink us, as individuals, in quick sand we did not know existed. This cannot be business as usual. It must be carefully handled and patiently studied if we are to reap our rich harvest.

Ignorance is like the man Emerson wrote about, "The civilized man has built a coach, but lost the use of his feet." We have to know we are daily building our lives and we need to be conscious of the blueprint we are following.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 36

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by