6 Sat photo 6Sat_zps5430cf5a.jpg

January
Dunolvatni
ᏚᏃᎸᎠtᏂ

Saturday
Dodaquidena
ᏙᏓᏈᏕᎾ

January 21 - Daily Feast

Identity does not require a label - for man is spirit, and spirit is nonpolitical and unconscious of color or class. An Indian woman is not as apt to board a luxury cruise ship or to sit at a bridge table hour after hour as she is to pitch camp beside some sparkling stream where the sunset tips the mountains with gold. People are different and fall naturally into different categories - though basically they are spiritual entities. These diverse spirits can even love each other if they can evade the labels. Labels are indicative of importance - but it is the heart that counts.

~ Is it wicked of me because my skin is red? Is it wrong of me to love my own? I am a Sioux because I was born where my father lived. ~

SITTING BULL – SIOUX

"A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 21

"This is the time of awakening to the inner father and the inner mother. Without this we will receive no high initiation; instead we get initiated into darkness. That's because any investigation or revolution without God leads, not to freedom, but to more slavery."

Willaru Huayta, QUECHAU NATION, PERU

Honor the Father and the Mother. Father stands for wisdom and Mother stands for feelings. Inside each of us is the Father and the Mother. If we do not honor both, we will not grow in balance. To honor both the Father and the Mother helps our masculine and feminine sides grow. The winter season is a good time to focus on this. This is our season of reflection. Honoring both sides allows us to see the Creator is both Father and Mother.

Great Spirit, Father Sky, Mother Earth, guide me today. Let me experience balance.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Happiness seems to be an ultimate goal -- but what about contentment? Is there any difference? Definitely. Happiness is a kind of butterfly thing that can flit in and out -- but contentment? It is the best for knowing peace and being able to share it.

Contentment is ease regardless of what is going on. If we ever once experience it, we want to go back to where it was. Going back isn't necessary because contentment is a part of anyone who doesn't stew and fret and stir up contention.

When we know that what others do doesn't have to change us, we feel humility, knowing that God knows us as individuals and we receive our comfort individually. Trifles should never get inside to irritate our well being and steal our freedom.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 77

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service