6 Sat photo 6Sat_zps5430cf5a.jpg

November
Nudadequa
ᏄᏓᏕᏆ

Saturday
Dodaquidena
ᏙᏓᏈᏕᎾ

November 28 - Daily Feast

Cold wind and mist have pushed in to dampen the spirits of grownups - but not the children. These natural things are a part of their enjoyment during a Thanksgiving holiday. The woods ring with voices and the sounds of sword fights as rotten sticks collide in midair. No real duel could be this exciting or cause so many to roll in the leaves or to hide behind the gnarled wild rose. Evening brings a rush of feet. Coyotes have set up their evening concert and the horned owl has squalled enough to impress them that it must be suppertime beside the fire. It has been a good day and something to remember thankfully.

~ I will tell you my people, and I believe it, it is not wrong for us to get this food. ~

WENINOCK – YAKIMA

'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - November 28

"People say that crisis changes people and turns ordinary people into wiser or more responsible ones."

Wilma Mankiller, CHEROKEE

There is a saying, conflict precedes clarity. The Medicine Wheel teachings say, in order for something to change it must first go through a struggle. When a crisis enters our lives, other powers are there to help us. We will learn some lessons. Will I honor and respect the next crisis?

Great Spirit, if a crisis occurs today, let me learn the lessons of wisdom.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Surely there is nothing so peaceful to the eye as the quiet, soft-hued hills resting in the autumn sun. We think if we could only get to those hills we could walk in the warmth of that sunlight and feel that peace in every nerve and muscle.

But so frequently we are unable to follow our wills. We are forced to sit where we are. And the very thought of being bound to this spot sometimes makes us restless, perhaps beyond reason. It creates a feeling of panic, that life will never be peaceful.

And then we look up into the limitless sky and see the depths and immensity of the universe, and we know that nothing binds us. That is, unless we want to be bound.

If we were to go to those hills, there would be others in the distance that would look as inviting. To hunt for peace outside ourselves is to ever be in search, and so to be bound again. But to loose that infinitely beautiful truth that peace is never there or there - but here, within me.

Most of us are lovers of familiar things. We love the routine of living, the security of knowing what is going to happen at a certain hour on a certain day. We love the knowledge that we will continue to love others even though we may not like what they are doing at the moment. We find great peace in knowing others will continue to love us even when we've been foolish.

The exciting and livable life is not always one of being on the go, being in entertaining places. The real life of life is not spangles that glitter and one continual round of gaiety.

Life is contentment; living in depth with a genuine love for work seasoned with recreation and freedom to worship where we choose and to pursue our talents as we please.

English author Samuel Johnson tells us that the fountain of content must spring up in the mind; and they who have so little knowledge of human nature as to see happiness by changing anything but their own dispositions will waste their lives in fruitless efforts.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Donvdagahv'i (ᏙᏅᏓᎦᎲ'Ꭲ) (Until we meet again)

Tawodi Unega (ᏕᏫᏗ ᏔᏬᏗ ᎤᏁᎦ) (White Hawk)

Nvwadohiyada (ᏅᏩᏙᎯᏯᏓ) (Blessings of health and peace to you)

Be good, be kind, and help each other. Respect the ground, respect the drum, and respect each other.

May The Creator Always Walk With You.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 21

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service