3 WED photo 3WED_zpsef34ded9.jpg

January
Dunolvatni
ᏚᏃᎸᎠtᏂ

Wednesday
Tsoineiga
ᏦᎢᏁᎢᎦ

January 25 - Daily Feast

Dust trails on the ground and vapor trails in the sky where man travels with such speed we can only see where he has been - and these are everyday wonders. Others have left tracks for us - men and women we may never have heard about, or it may be our own mothers and fathers. Eras pass leaving only the faintest signs. Hills stay pretty much the same, the sky changes and changes again. The wind sweeps a trail of seeds that give us trees and flowers. Universal tracks - footsteps we hear again and again. Will ours be marching - or rolling softly as the steps of an evening walker?

~ I thank the Great Spirit for making me a Sauk, and the son of a great Sauk Chief. ~

BLACK HAWK

"A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 25

"Also ask your heart to purify and cleanse this defect and harmful desire. Ask also the help of the inner father and mother. Every time we eliminate a defect, we build our soul, our inner temple. We ascend, like going up a stairway."

Willaru Huayata, QUECHUA NATION, PERU

The building blocks to knowledge and wisdom are constructed through the lessons of our character defects if we constructively review our conduct each day, asking where we are resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid. Remember, we need to review constructively, not destructively. Destructive review is when we ask, "what's the matter with me anyway." or "how could I be so stupid?" These question lead to morbid reflection or remorse and seriously affect our self esteem. In constructive review we ask, "what will I do next time?" With constructive review we progressively eliminate the defect and replace it with wisdom.

My Creator, allow me to have my defects because through them I gain in knowledge of Your will.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A pair of great horned owls swoop through the woods and light on an oak limb. They are hunting and their great heads swivel in all directions while they take in the view. A lone rabbit hides in a stack of wood and our domestic cats scatter to safety.

Beau is our black tomcat and he came home one morning with long scratches down the length of his thick black coat. Something barely touched the skin but took the fur so that it will take a long time to grow what is missing. We suspect the owls and we bless Zsa, our female part-Siamese cat because she is so easy to spot. We know she is swift and can outrun many predators, but she is also ten years old and we do not leave her safety to how fast she can run.

We should never leave our lives to ability -- they can have weaknesses, but Spirit has no weakness.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 102

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service