Happy New Year !!!!

December
Vsgiga
ᎥᏍᎩᎦ

Saturday
Dodaquidena
ᏙᏓᏈᏕᎾ

December 31 - Daily Feast

A feast is a huge banquet of wonderful foods and wonderful friends to share it. It is a time when people honor people - and many memories are laid aside for this celebration. But another kind of feast is in the heart - at the core where life is decided. It is the human way to believe himself victim of many things and he starves at his center. He worries excessively about who will take care of him and who will feed him and if he will survive at all. Never start a day without gratitude - without an inner singing of "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!" Never start a day being sour and hard to get along with. Never talk trouble nor give credence to those who do. Never give another person reason to be unhappy..... And remember this is your day. This is a day of celebrating new life and purpose.

~ On the other side of the river there is plenty of buffalo. When we are poor we will tell you. ~

BLACKFOOT - MOUNTAIN CROW

'A Cherokee Feast of Days Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 31

"They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life. They will have the peace that frees them from fear."

Frank Fools Crow LAKOTA

There are two wills available for us: self will and God's will. Our choice is: figure it out ourselves or have the Creator involved in our lives. If we are honest with ourselves and look at past experiences what are our lives like when we try to figure it out ourselves? Is there fear confusion frustration anger attacking others conflict fault finding manipulation teasing others belittling others or devaluation? If these things are present they indicate that we are choosing self will. What is it like if we turn our will over to the Creator? What are the results if we ask the Great Spirit to guide our life? Examples are: freedom choices consequences love forgiveness helping others happiness joy solutions and peace. Which will I choose today self will or God's will?

Creator I know what my choice is. I want You to direct my life. I want You to direct my thinking. You are the Grandfather. You know what I need even before I do. Today I ask You to tell me what I can do for You today. Tell me in a way I can understand and I will be happy to do it.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Today I hear the laughter of children at play. Their voices filled the air almost like chimes. And I felt their arms about my neck and their sticky kisses on my face. How blessed I am! Today I heard a mockingbird trilling out every single song it every heard from its winged friends. I closed my eyes and in the trees I heard all the voices I've heard since childhood and it took me through all the happy breathless precious times I loved so much

Today I heard my mother's voice calling to me happily. It was a good strong healthy voice that has called to me courage and hope and peace and shall continue to call down many lanes to me.

Today I heard my child's voice. I heard her singing I heard her praying I heard her laughing and talking. I heard her teasing and moving from place to place in all the activities I love to see her in.

Now even more than ever I realize how grateful I am that God has given me the excellent faculty of hearing. I shall with all diligence try to hear nothing evil but only love and peace which is my heritage.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 32

Birthdays ~Happy Birthday from Warrior Nation!

Latest Activity

Blog Posts

In All Directions

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 28, 2023 at 12:58pm 0 Comments

Blessings To Count

Posted by Christopher Stewart on March 21, 2023 at 12:47pm 0 Comments

For the Warriors who fight and Die...

so the rest of us may fight to Live.

© 2024   Created by LadyHawkღ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service