4 Thurs photo 4Thurs_zps3bba7299.jpg

February
Kagali
ᎧᎦᎵ

Thursday
Ugineiga
ᎤᎩᏁᎢᎦ

February 2 - Daily Feast

A walk down a country road in memory is almost as good now as when it happened - and even better at times. The youthful urgency to skip some of life's steps is replaced with patience and endurance, and even amusement. Getting there was utmost and now we know that "there" is a place in the heart - not a place where all wishes are granted. A song and a prayer in the heart are worth all the visual triumphs in the world. A deep down harmony and spiritual joy erases all that was not quite right. American Indians call this new consciousness, "walking in a sacred manner".

~ The warriors sat in a circle waiting on the Holy Man and he came forth singing a holy song.... ~

SHORT BULL - DAKOTA SIOUX

"A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 2

"Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood and so it is everything where power moves."

Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa), OGLALA SIOUX

In these modern times it is difficult to understand why we should think circles and seasons. People and society are always moving, through distance, over yonder, going here and going there-hurry up, grow up, be successful, climb the ladder of success, etc. The Elders tell us to slow down, to be patient, pray and think circles. Circle thinking applies to relationships, business and every area of our lives. We need to teach our awareness to look for seasons and cycles.

My Creator, teach me the seasons of growth.

A INDIAN photo AINDIAN.gif

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It becomes a "thing", a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle. There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along in beaten paths.

It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a Tremendously interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an individual like no one else.

It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly, I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but because I'm a child of God.

I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies, but on the lasting built slowly within me, with love.

Dream Catcher Bar photo DreamCatcherBar.gif

Feathers photo feathers.gif

Views: 61

Latest Activity

PITA SIKSIKA WARRIOR left a comment for Wildthing ~ Mike
19 hours ago
PITA SIKSIKA WARRIOR left a comment for Petrina Hahn
19 hours ago
PITA SIKSIKA WARRIOR left a comment for Michael Kelly
19 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Petrina Hahn
20 hours ago